Join us for 3 hours of hands-on creative experimentation with acrylic textures and grounds that can take your paintings and drawings in many exciting new directions!
Have you ever walked into the art supply store and seen all sorts of new acrylic materials and wondered how to use them or what techniques are possible with them? The answer is... more than you ever imagined!
In this all inclusive half-day workshop you will experiment with a variety of materials that offer dramatic textural possibilities that can be used with watercolor, pastel, acrylic and even oils. If you are only familiar with working on canvas, paper or hardboard, this workshop will open your eyes to an entirely new world of unique surfaces and textures, pastes, gels and grounds that can push your work in eye-catching new directions.
All levels are welcome, no experience needed! All participants will receive free product samples and a literature packet, including hand-painted color charts.
ALL GOLDEN MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED
Students Should bring:
- some kind of palette: a disposable wax paper palette 12x16 or white wax freezer paper (grocery store)
- Brushes - a few bristle, a few soft, various sizes
- Any Dry media: colored pencils, watercolor sticks, pastel, oil pastels, or graphite. Whatever you have is great- these will be used to experiment with on textured grounds
- plastic/metal palette knife or equivalent
We have many of the following but bring what you prefer:
- any objects that have an interesting design or shapes if you press them into a paste... i.e. plastic fork, round bottle tops, stencils, etc. We will press these into the pastes and gels to create interesting patterns and textures.
- Paper towels
- Container for water
- empty box to carry wet acrylic boards